Thursday, December 2, 2010

SCNTS Week 2 Entry

My "All About Me" entry last week got me into the top 20 and through to week 2 of the Next Top Scrapper contest at Scrapbook Challenges!  So, the new challenge was to make-over an old layout...oddly, a topic that's been buzzing around several forums I frequent.  Honestly, the hardest part about this process was deciding WHICH of my old, bad layouts I wanted to tackle!  I eventually settled on this one: the second digital page I ever scrapped.

Asian-Coffeehouse Fusion digital scrapbooking layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Kit: Refresh by ScrapGirls; Dotted Paper: Gillian Hurst; Warning Label and Staples: Valerie Randall; Fonts: Tekton Pro, Showcard Gothic, Rage Italic

This layout actually won a "Mischief Makers" contest at ScrapGirls, but I've always thought it was more due to the story than any design brilliance!  There's not a shadow on the page, it's way too cluttered, and really doesn't refect my style as it has evolved.  So, it was a perfect makeover candidate.

I still liked the color scheme and wanted to reuse the Warning label and journaling (of course).  But I decided that I could tell the story in a more focused way by using only one of the pictures, larger on the page, and echoing the chaos and mess with background elements.  A collab kit I received for working on the creative team for SAS Designs contained all the colors I was looking for and made the redo a cinch.

Here's the finished makeover!  Do you like it better?

Asian-Coffeehouse Fusion (redo) digital scrapbooking layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Kit: You and Me CT Appreciation 2010 Collab Kit; Warning Label: Valerie Randall; Fonts: You Are Loved, Spicy Sushi Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment