Friday, April 29, 2011

Springtime Cupcakes


I've made these cupcakes a couple times already this spring, and they're kind of a new obsession around our house.  They are the easiest things EVER to make and still taste perfect with simple chocolate frosting (or even naked!).

Pumpkin-Devil's Food Cupcakes
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1 small can packed pumpkin
chocolate chips (minis are great, too)
chopped nuts (if that's your thing)
Mix and bake per box instructions.  See?  Told you they were easy!  No eggs, no oil...and the pumpkin has practically nothing in terms of calories and fat.  You'll be amazed at how moist these are.  A word of warning, though: the batter is extremely thick and sticky, so don't get scared that you're doing it wrong.  Also, these won't rise as much as a standard cupcake, so fill that little paper right up.

I gotta thank my mom for turning me on to this recipe, because I'm not sure I'll ever make chocolate cupcakes another way again!

Flower Decorations
1 large marshmellow per cupcake
colored sugar
jelly beans, gumdrops, skittles, etc. for flower center
Cut the marshmellows in thirds and press into sugar.  I've found that it's better to let the frosting set up on the cake a bit before you set the petals on, because they're a bit heavy and can slide!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment